International solidarity has been a tradition of the workers movement for hundreds of years. Today we continue this tradition by supporting fellow trade unionists and human rights organisations across the world.
The 2023-24 priority was to synchronise international solidarity with the Year of Black Workers and ensure relevance to Hampshire. As such, the Branch opened solidarity links with Caribbean Labour Solidarity and India Labour Solidarity, and we are developing links with West African movements in Ghana and Nigeria. In the wake of the Gaza-Israel crisis, we have also re-established support for the Palestinian people in line with national UNISON policy. 2024-25 is the Year of LGBT+ Workers, and our Branch international solidarity will synchronise with appropriate causes.
Our Branch International Relations Officer is Ian Douglas-Todd, if you’d like to reach out or get involved in the branch’s international work contact email@example.com
You can find out more about UNISON’s latest international campaigning work here
Hampshire UNISON is affiliated to the Palestine Solidarity Campaign, you can find out more about this organisation and upcoming events here
- Online event at 1pm on 26th January: India & Me: Engage. Reflect. Act.
- Petition: Human rights crisis in India – urgent call for solidarity
- Motion passed by the branch committee – Support working people’s struggles in India! – 4th December 2023
- UNISON calls for Gaza ceasefire – 26th October 2023
- Hampshire UNISON donates to Canadian Tolpuddle Martyrs monument – 17th May 2023